Free printable crispy chilli beef recipe on our site: https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/crispy-chilli-beef/
• ¾ lb (360g) thin cut sirloin steaks – (approx 3 steaks) cut into thin strips*
• 1 small egg
• 4 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• 1/8 tsp white pepper
• 4 ½ tbsp sunflower oil, divided
• 1 medium onion, sliced into thin strips
• 1 red chilli – finely sliced- discard the seeds if you don’t like it too hot
• 1 tsp minced ginger
• 3 garlic cloves – peeled and minced
• 2 tbsp rice vinegar
• 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 2 tbsp tomato puree
• 6 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar
• 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
• 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• Place the steak strips in a bowl and add the egg. Mix together to thoroughly coat the steak in the egg.
• Add the 4tbsp cornflour, ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper and 1/8 tsp of white pepper.
• Toss together to coat the steak. It will be a sticky mixture.
• Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan (skillet) or wok over a high heat until very hot.
• When the oil is hot, add the beef in a strip at a time and spread it out. You will probably need to work in 2 batches.
• Fry the steak until dark brown and crispy. Try not to move the meat around too much as this reduces the amount of crispiness you get. It generally takes about 5 or 6 minutes to crisp up the beef, with about 3 or 4 stirs during that time.
• Using a slotted spoon, remove the beef from the pan and place it in a bowl lined with kitchen roll to soak up excess fat.
• Add a further tablespoon of oil and repeat – cooking the second batch of beef and then placing in the bowl with the first batch.
• Once you’ve removed all the beef from the pan, Its time to make the crispy chilli beef sauce, add the remaining ½ tbsp of oil to the pan and turn the heat down to medium.
• Add in the sliced onion and cook for 2 minutes until slightly softened.
• Add in the finely chopped chilli, 1 tsp minced ginger and 3 minced cloves of garlic and cook whilst stirring for 30 seconds.
• Add the 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 3tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp tomato puree, 6 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp tomato ketchup and the 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce to the pan. Turn up the heat and let it bubble for a couple of minutes until the sauce starts to reduce a little.
• Add the beef back in, give it a stir and heat through for 1-2 minutes – until the beef is hot.
• Serve with Egg fried rice, boiled rice or noodles.
#Fakeaway #CookingShow #Recipe