I got the ice-cream base recipe from Gemma at Bigger Bolder Baking: http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/dairy-free-homemade-ice-cream/
HOW TO MAKE THE ICE-CREAM BASE:
– 3 cans of full fat coconut milk
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla
1. Put two cans of coconut milk in the fridge overnight
2. Put one can of coconut milk into a pot with 2/3 cup of sugar. Bring the pot to a light simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until it reduces by about half and is thick. Put it in the fridge overnight as well.
3. The next day, open the 2 cans of coconut milk that were in the fridge. Carefully scoop the cream off the top into a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the coconut cream on high until it is thick, fluffy and creamy.
4. Add the thick coconut milk & sugar mixture to the bowl and beat with the coconut cream. It should resemble a light, fluffy whipped cream after about 2 minutes.
5. Add a tsp of vanilla and beat a few seconds more until combined.
Biscuit recipe found here: http://minimalistbaker.com/the-best-damn-vegan-biscuits/
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/livshealthylife/
♢ Website: http://www.livshealthylife.com
☆ Snapchat: livbiermann
☾ Ask me questions anonymously (or not.. I like to see who you are as well!) : https://www.tumblr.com/blog/livshealthylife
Ⓥ Want to watch documentaries/get the facts? Check out these links:
Gary Yourofsky’s Best Speech You’ll Ever Hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4
Ⓥ Want answers to all the nutrition questions you may have about veganism? Check out these links:
Ⓥ Books on Veganism/ Vegan Cookbooks:
The China Study
The Starch Solution
Crazy Sexy Diet
The Oh She Glows Cookbook
☯ Books on wellness/ spirituality/ self-help
The Power – Rhonda Byrne
The Magic – Rhonda Byrne
Yoga Girl – Rachel Brathen
Make Your Own Rules Diet – Tara Stiles
Or DM me on instagram
Ground Wearing Thin ft. Andrew Milicia – Light foot
Intro/outro: remix of Mirror Maru- Cashmere Cat